September 17, 2014
Summary Numbers and Highlights
« Back to List of News
- Over 350 archival publications since 2008
- 6 USC faculty in the SOFC Smart State Center have produced 168 refereed publications since 2008
- SOFC Center members have given invited lecutres (including many keynote, plenary, and conference opening lectures) in 16 countries since inception of the Center. (U.S., China, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Turkey, Greece, Latvia, Mexico, Korea, Brazil, Japan, Slovenia)
- Professor Frank Chen was honored by the State of South Carolina as the sole recipient of the Governor's Young Scientist Award for Excellence in Scientific Research for 2012
- Prof. Xinyu Huang was selected as USC Distinguished Undergraduate Research mentor for 2012 and in 2014 by Pi Tau Sigma
- Named a Rising Star by Breakthrough Magazine: Kevin Huang, 2014; Xiao Dong Zhou, 2012; Frank Chen, 2010
- One graduate student from the SOFC COEE Group won the national Grand Prize of the Dr. Bernard S. Baker Student Award for exceptional work in the field of fuel cell related technologies in the 2010 Fuel Cell Seminar & Exposition. A news report on this award was released from Riley Communications October 20, 2010 and this report has been highlighted by more than 50 other media, e.g., Yahoo, Forbes and CNBC among others.
- One graduate student from the SOFC Center Group won the 2010 Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-Financed Students Abroad in May 2011
- William Ridgon, a PhD candidate advised by Prof. X. Huang, was awarded the prestigious Graduate Assistantship ($10,000) by South Carolina Space Grant Consortium starting in May, 2011.
- Ken Reifsnider received the Russell Research Award for Science, Mathematics and Engineering from the South Carolina University System, 2012.